Monday, May 14, 2012

Story Behind the Name

People.Passion.Purpose is a slogan that many businesses have begun to use heavily. You may wonder why I chose such a popular slogan as the name of this blog.

     The story starts in March of 2010 when I started my application for the National Junior Hereford Association Board of Directors. I knew that I wanted something catchy and applicable to the beef industry. So I started brainstorming what my goals all entailed and how they could be put into a short slogan. My goals and reason for running for a position on the board included my passion for agriculture, especailly beef, communicating with the people involved through social media sites, face-to-face conversations, and finally what drives us in this industry which is our passion and purpose to grow a safe, nutritious, and wholesome food product.
     My mother and I were sitting around thinking about how 4-H has impacted my life and used part of the 4-H pledge of "...for my club, my community, my country, and my world," to talk about how I have taken the small steps from local, to state, to region, and onto the national level. At each of these levels people, passion, and purpose are all involved. I am proud to say that through my dedicated campaigning and connecting with the people by showing my passion and discussing my purpose, I was elected to the NJHA Board in July of 2010 in which I would serve three(3) years for this wonderful association.
     As I was planning out my summer, I knew that I wanted to re-start a blog. A blog was a great idea for me to keep a daily journal of all the happenings in the BKR counties as well a way to continue to inform the public about agriculture and how it has played a huge role in my life. The hardest part about having a successful blog, is that you need to have a catchy, meaningful Blog Name; that is when I went right back to that slogan which I still continue to use for presentations, scholarship applications, and everything else.
     I hope that you will enjoy following me throughout the summer and there after as I reflect on my summer internship with UNL Extension in the BKR Counties, summer activities from cattle shows to weddings and birthday parties, and agriculture joys and issues.

I AM Jaime Hanson, here to .....
     Connect with the People.....
              Instill the Passion.....
                              and Fulfill the Purpose!

People.Passion.Purpose- Driving Agriculture

Find what drives YOU!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jaime! I'm excited to follow! We miss you back here in MN :)

    ReplyDelete