Monday, August 13, 2012

Last Day...

It is bittersweet as I finish my final day as a UNL Extension Intern located in the Brown-Keya Paha-Rock Counties (Ainsworth, Nebraska). I have been so fortunate to have had this opportunity this summer. Being located in North Central Nebraska, Sandhills, and Cattle Country are truly a dream come true. I have been surrounded by wonderful people and great hospitality all summer long. Pam and Denny Bauer have been wonderful "bosses" while I've enjoyed being in the office with Mary Jo McCall and Pat Jones as well.

All of the BKR 4-H families are so gracious and took me in with open arms. I enjoyed working closely with the Beel families and Linse family with cattle, horses, cookie jars, computer presentations, and everything else.

I can't even come close to saying thank you enough to everyone I've dealt with this summer! I have been blessed with many new experiences and some that were a bit frightening, hence the wildfires.

Today, I am finishing up some things on the computer and then headed to the Ainsworth Conference Center to help serve lunch during the Brown County Showcase. We brought back all of the Brown County 4-H exhibits from Bassett for the town of Ainsworth to come and enjoy the brilliant work of their areas youth and trust me some of their projects were A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

I've got my car all packed and ready to head back to college. My first stop though will be home in Minnesota for a couple of days since I haven't been HOME since June 16th!

THANKS FOR A GREAT SUMMER INTERNSHIP!

No comments:

Post a Comment