Tuesday, August 28, 2012

College Year #3

Welp, its my junior year at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln! Love this place! It feels great to be back in the big city even though I definitely love the country way more!

I am into my second week already which just seems crazy that school has already started, but the outlook for the semester looks pretty good. I am fairly excited about all of my classes as they definitely interst me.

Fall 2012 Classes:
AECN 201- Farm and Ranch Management with Dr. Hanson
ASCI 330- Animal Breeding with Dr. Nielsen
ASCI 300B- Livestock Judging with Mr. Ellicott and Mr. Nordhausen
ACCT 200- Survey of Accounting with Dr. Riley-Schultz
ALEC 417- Crisis Communications and Issues Management with Dr. Cannon

I have 16 credit hours this semester so I will stay fairly busy with that plus all of my extra curriculars:

Sigma Alpha Sorority- Treasurer/Fundraising Chair
UNL Collegiate Farm Bureau- Collegiate Ambassador
Block & Bridle Club- Member
National Junior Hereford Association Board of Directors- Communications Chair

I also have a job again this year! I am working in the Animal Science Recruitment office as office assistant!

Things I am looking forward to this semester:
- Sigma Alpha National Convention in Omaha, NE middle of October
- Preparing for becoming a part of the UNL 2013 Livestock Judging Team
- Networking more with professors and industry leaders
- Goal is to make the Dean's List (I have made the CASNR Dean's List in Fall 2010&Spring 2012)
- Traveling to cattle shows/sales/other events

I am proud to be a student at the great land grant University of Nebraska-Lincoln as we celebrate the 150th anniversity of the Morrill Act and look to Growing the Future. The Morrill Act created land-grant universities, making education more affordable to all people, educating them in agriculture, home economics, mechanical arts and other professions practical at the time of its passage in 1862. The Morrill Act successfully opened higher education for Americans who previously could not afford to go to college. Each day daily themes and events at UNL and across the state will help tell the land-grant story during the week of September 23rd through the 29th.

And lastly, just to show how wonderful being a Husker is and where it can take you, here is a wonderful video that will air as the UNL TV ad this year:


Plus to celebrate the opening Husker Football Game this Saturday, here is the 2012 Husker Football Game Day video:

No comments:

Post a Comment