Thursday, June 14, 2012

Another Running Adventure

          As I had mentioned in previous posts, I had a 5K run this past weekend. The Sandhills Sandbur Run at Calamus Outfitters near Burwell, Nebraska. It was such a gorgeous day for a run through the magnificent sandhills. My goal for this run was to finish in 25:00 but I missed it by 7 seconds as I finished in 25:07 but placed 13th overall and was 2nd in the female division for ages 20-29! So looking at it from all directions I would say it was a successful run!
          There were over 100 runners and a bunch of spectators. I ran the simple 5K Run but there were other options; 5K Walk, 5K Mud Run, and 10K Run. The mud run was pretty entertaining as they had to climb hay bales, run through Gracie Creek and slide down a mud slide into a pond just to name a few of the obstacles.


Carrie (Roger's sister) and her husband Cam
came in FIRST for the 5K Walk!






















*************************************************************************

          This weekend on the ranch did not entail any horse riding or work so we got to enjoy the lake for awhile! Roger has a friend that he met last year that is really into water sports and so we have hung out with him several times already this summer but this was the first time we actually got out on the lake even though it was super windy! Jay says he has found the best windy water sport and I would have to agree with him. It's called Wake Surfing, where you literally surf the wake on a shorter surf board! It was a lot of fun especially for me! Yes, I grew up in Minnesota, the land of 10,000 lakes, but never really did much lake time. I tubed a lot when I was younger but that was it. So my goal this summer is to learn to water ski but I got to experience wake surfing first!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment